2015 IMRA-IIMB International Conference
Dates: 15-18 December, 2015
Theme: “Inclusive Growth & Profits with Purpose: New Management Paradigm”
Venue: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka, India
Benefits to Conference Participants:
• Learn and acquire cutting edge international knowledge in various disciplines of management from internationally reputed experts.
• Recognition of your work on international platform as a participant or paper/poster/book presenter.
• ISBN based Conference Proceedings.
• In the heart of the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore, Karnataka in India
• Potentially identify your future collaborative partner among international, vibrant and scholarly IMRA Members community.
• International platform to meet corporate professionals, entrepreneurs, academics, researchers, government & policy makers from various countries.
• Best Papers, Poster & Book Awards.
• Selected full papers to be published in refereed journals (previous publishers include Springer, Emerald, etc.)
• Pre-Conference activities including Research Workshops / Peer Review Meetings and Special Insights with industry leaders.
• Employers’ Excursion / Industrial Visits (to be paid separately).
The main theme of this conference is ‘Inclusive Growth & Profits with Purpose: New Management Paradigm’. The policy makers of several nations have been expressing the concern that the benefit of economic growth is not being equally distributed among all sections of the society. Inclusive growth is the need of the hour for the pace and the pattern of economic growth. It is more than just productive employment and increasing incomes of excluded groups. Inclusive growth allows people to “contribute to and benefit from economic growth”. Inclusive growth includes growth of economy that reduces poverty and creates employment opportunities, access to essential services in health and education especially for the poor, equality of opportunity, empowerment through education and skill development, environmental sustainability, recognition of women’s agency and good governance.
Towards the goal of achieving inclusive growth, the corporate sector need to revisit and recognize that sustainable strategies not only fulfil a higher purpose but increased wealth can be generated by doing good things. In the words of Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, “purpose is a spiritual and moral call to action; it is what a person or company stands for”. It is more of investing in socially inclusive businesses, innovative business models to reach the bottom of the pyramid and investing in environmentally beneficial technologies. Thus the conference theme is two sides of the same coin inclusive growth and profits with purpose.
2015 IMRA IIMB International Conference invites conceptual papers, empirical works, documentation of case studies, documentaries and short video films or any other material focusing on the following sub-topics. The list given is illustrative but not exhaustive; conference invites all papers related to the theme.
Sub-Themes & Tracks: Contributions are invited in the areas including but not limited to:
- Corporate and environmental sustainability
- Corporate governance and sustainability
- Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship
- Finance and accounting
- Financial Inclusion: Access to Credit and other Financial Services
- Gender Equity and Women Empowerment
- General management
- Health and healthcare management
- Human Resource management
- Innovative Business Models to reach the “Bottom of the Pyramid”
- International management
- Knowledge Management
- Law, society and ethics
- Management in Emerging & Frontier Markets
- Management of educational services
- Marketing Management and consumer behavior
- Natural Resources Management
- Operations management
- Organization behavior
- Public and not-for-profit management
- Skill Development
- Strategic management
- Sustainable growth and risk management
- Technology & Innovations management
- Tourism and hospitality management
Special Interest Groups: The following Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are encouraged and invited during this conference:
1. Innovative Business Models to reach the “Bottom of the Pyramid”
2. Improving Quality of Governance
3. Improving access to services through Technology
4. Research Methods & Publishing in reputed Journals
5. Performance Measurements & Management Control Systems
6. Management Education, Development & Leadership
7. Post-2015 Development Agenda
Institutions and individuals who plan to lead and organize any SIG on any other related topic may apply for the same.
Conference Segments: The following segments shall be included in the conference programme:
1. Academic & Research Papers Presentations
2. Practitioners’ Perspectives
3. CEO Forum
4. Vice Chancellors & Deans’ Panel Discussion
5. Entrepreneurs’ & Innovators’ Showcase
6. Consortium for Masters & Doctoral Students
7. Government & Policy Makers’ Panel Discussion
8. Job Market for Academics & Researchers
9. Research Round Table Discussion
10. Meet the Journal Editors
11. Research Workshops / Special Sessions
12. Speed Dating: Research Match Making
Organizations and individuals interested to chair and organize any of the above or any new conference segments are encouraged to apply.
Types of Submissions & Output: The following are the types of submissions and output invited for this conference:
1. Competitive Papers (CP)
2. Presentation Papers (PP)
3. Masters & Doctoral Students’ Papers (MD)
4. Poster Presentations (PR)
5. Book Presentations (BP)
6. Case Studies & White Papers (CW)
7. Product / Service Showcase (PS)
Attendance mode: Interested individuals can attend this conference in any of the following modes:
1. Attending as Presenter in person
2. Attending as Presenter by Virtual Video Presentation
3. Attending as Presenter in absentia
4. Attending as Participant in person
5. Attending as Virtual Participant
6. Attending as Guest / Spouse of another presenter / participant
Note: Individuals may also register and attend the conference as a participant without submitting or presenting any work.
Who can attend this conference?
The maximum benefit of attending this international conference shall be to researchers, academics, management consultants, corporate professionals, corporate trainers, government officials, representatives of think tanks, social service organizations, entrepreneurs, doctoral and master’s students.
• Jayadev M, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
• Devanath TIRUPATI, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
• Jatin PANCHOLI, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom
• Paurav SHUKLA, Glasgow Caledonian University, London, United Kingdom
• Amit SHAH, Frostburg State University, Frostburg, United States of America
• Bernadett KOLES, Central European University Business School, Budapest, Hungary
• Bipin DIKSHIT, Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli, India
• Ernie STARK, Logikos and Experientia, Consulting, Bellevue, United States of America
• H. K. N. RAGHAVAN, Equitas Microfinance, India
• Jose P. D., Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
• K. BALAKRISHNAN, Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna, India
• Jose P. D., Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
• Michael CHATTALAS, Kean University, United States of America
• Shawn STURGEON, RIT-ACMT, Zagreb, Croatia
• Suresh BHAGAVATULA, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
• Venkateshwarlu M , NITIE, Mumbai, India
• Xuanwei CAO, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Suzhou, China
Key dates & Deadlines
Note: Early submission and registration is highly encouraged to avoid last minute disappointments. Turnaround time for review decision is 2 to 3 weeks after submission. Participants registering early will get a special concession.
1. Announcement of the conference: 11th August 2014
2. Communicating the decision regarding extended abstract acceptance/rejection to the author(s): Within 2 to 3 weeks of submission
3. Early Bird Registration and Fee payment with concession: From 11th August 2014
4. Visa Letter Availability: 3 months prior to the conference
5. Conference dates: 15-18 December 2015
First Call Submissions (Early Bird Registration):
1. Deadline for submission of Extended Abstracts: 11th August 2014 to 30th April 2015.
2. Deadline for submission of Proposal for Session Chairing / Research Workshops / Doctoral Colloquium, Leading Research Round Tables / Workshops / Special Session: 11th August to 15th April 2015.
3. Deadline for submission of final full Competitive Paper / Poster / Book (This is optional and not mandatory): 11th August to 30th June 2015.
Important Links: Important information regarding this conference can be found on the following links:
- Download Conference Brochure & Call for Submissions
- Online Submission Portal
- Create Invoice
- Logistics: Travel & Accommodation (to be updated in January 2015)
- Guidelines & Forms
- Feedback by past Participants
- Join IMRA LinkedIn Group
- “Like” IMRA on Facebook
- Watch Photos & Videos of IMRA
- Follow IMRA on Twitter